[Catalyst] serving static files

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 05:53:20 GMT 2007

I have read about an example of setting a proxy/reverse proxy server for a
Java application at the following link:

http://www.daveyp.com/blog/index.php/archives/76/

But the article says that the Apache server that is the proxy is also using
mod_perl (for applying some filters), and also says that it can "serve
static files directly"
Is the article bad, or how can a mod_perl enabled Apache2 server can serve
static files directly?

Thanks.

Octavian