[Catalyst] Preferred Ajax framework

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jan 11 18:24:13 GMT 2007

On 9 Jan 2007, at 21:22, Mesdaq, Ali wrote:

> Hello everyone new to the list and new to catalyst in general. I am
> still trying to figure out best ways of using it in our environment
> with
> least amount of pain. To do that I am trying to plan it out before I
> start really getting my hands dirty.
>
> My question is what is everyone's preferred Ajax framework? There are
> tons of them out there but which one in your experience is the best. A
> little short reason would also be appreciated to see if my priorities
> line up with your reasons.

my preference is dojo for sheer raw power and flexibility and the
fact their architecture and forward dev plan is sane, but it -does-
require an investment to get the most out of it.

if you don't have time to learn it, YUI-ext is nice but a bit java-
ish for my tastes, mochikit and JQuery are both very good lightweight
libraries.

--
Matt S Trout, Technical Director, Shadowcat Systems Ltd.
Offering custom development, consultancy and support contracts for