[Catalyst] Preferred Ajax framework

Victor Igumnov victori at lamer0.com
Thu Jan 11 19:00:00 GMT 2007

On Jan 11, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Matt S Trout wrote:

> On 9 Jan 2007, at 21:22, Mesdaq, Ali wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone new to the list and new to catalyst in general. I am
>> still trying to figure out best ways of using it in our
>> environment with
>> least amount of pain. To do that I am trying to plan it out before I
>> start really getting my hands dirty.
>>
>> My question is what is everyone's preferred Ajax framework? There are
>> tons of them out there but which one in your experience is the
>> best. A
>> little short reason would also be appreciated to see if my priorities
>> line up with your reasons.
>
> my preference is dojo for sheer raw power and flexibility and the
> fact their architecture and forward dev plan is sane, but it -does-
> require an investment to get the most out of it.
>
> if you don't have time to learn it, YUI-ext is nice but a bit java-
> ish for my tastes, mochikit and JQuery are both very good
> lightweight libraries.

really? I found dojo to be very intuitive when it comes to doing
things. Steeper learning curve than other frameworks? I would say its
about the same give or take. I mean common lets not kid our selves
how hard is it associate  <div dojoType="someWidget"></div> to a
widget call? dojo.io.bind is brain dead easy when it comes to Ajax
calls. Also taking into consideration dojo encompasses so many things
that you have one central javascript framework to do it all. No need
to flip flop between different APIs to get things done. Remind you of
anything? ahem Catalyst?