[Catalyst] Catalyst::Model::Xapian usage

Adam Jacob adam at stalecoffee.org
Mon Jan 15 03:01:00 GMT 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 11:42:03PM +0000, Richard Jolly wrote:
> I've been playing with Catalyst::Model::Xapian. Works nicely, but it
> seems to hide some functionality. I'd like to get information on the
> match percentage, and that seems to available in Search::Xapian::MSet -
> but C::M::X uses S::X::Mset::Tied, which hides it.
>
> Unless I'm missing something, of course. The internal docs for Xapian
> are pretty good, but the perl docs and usage examples are very very
> slim.
>
> Does anyone have examples or experience they could share?

Personally, I wrote my own model to Xapian.  I also wound up re-writing
the query parser, because I needed things like range searching and
regular expression support.  (And different, or no, stop words)

Pretty much all of the functionality in the CPP docs is directly
analagous to perl, in my experience.

Catalyst::Model::Xapian is a handy thing for the most common
implementation of Xapian: as an integrated web site search engine.  Much
more, and you are probably going to just want to write your own.

That said, I'm sure he would appreciate pathes to return the MSet
instead of Mset::Tied.

Adam