[Catalyst] Catalyst vs Rails vs Django Cook off

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:11:31 GMT 2007

From: "Carl Johnstone" <catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk>

>> Is it true that Catalyst is so slow comparing
>> with other frameworks?
>
> Does it matter?

Of course it does.

> If speed is so important, you should write your own custom httpd that does
> exactly what you need in assembly language.

It is too hard to write it in assembly, but it could be more easy to use
Ruby on Rails instead if RoR is really faster.
That's why I have asked.

Now to say the truth, I won't use RoR because I don't know Ruby, but I want
to know which are the advantages and disadvantages of Catalyst comparing
with other frameworks.

Octavian