[Catalyst] Catalyst vs Rails vs Django Cook off

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:24:40 GMT 2007

you honestly can't  come to much of a conclusion about a test that
just hits the docroot over and over again, and sees how many
connections per second happen as a result. The test may say that one
aprticular aspect of RoR is quicker ... but it's not an aspect that
has a huge impact, given that the speed of most apps is affected by
what happens in the db layer.

After all, if you wanted you app to do this, you would just apache
serving a static file :-)\

Also, I noted that perrin's comment about using the -r option for
dprof hasn't been answered - maybe there was something else altogether
going on.