[Catalyst] Catalyst vs Rails vs Django Cook off

Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Mon Jan 15 10:35:27 GMT 2007

Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> Now to say the truth, I won't use RoR because I don't know Ruby, but I
> want to know which are the advantages and disadvantages of Catalyst
> comparing with other frameworks.

To summarize (again): The benchmark doesn't benchmark Catalyst, only
it's dispatcher (and as I see it from the site and tarball, TT) and the
way it does it hasn't even anything to do with dispatching in real
applications.

I never used RoR, but as I understood it, it's dispatching facilities
are no way near those of Catalyst.

--
# Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek
# Perl 5/Catalyst Developer in Hamburg, Germany