[Catalyst] Catalyst vs Rails vs Django Cook off

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Mon Jan 15 16:28:56 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 14:51 +0200, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> I would like to say that it is not true, but I cannot see any benchmarks

I don't think anyone disputes that Perl (and Python and Java) are much
faster than Ruby.  You can find benchmarks showing that all over the
web.  The RoR boosters are usually the ones on the defensive over
performance, saying that language performance doesn't matter because the
database is always the bottleneck (which I agree with, most of the
time).  It would be very hard to justify choosing RoR for a project
based on performance.

- Perrin