[Catalyst] Catalyst vs Rails vs Django Cook off

Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Tue Jan 16 10:13:34 GMT 2007

Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 11:35 +0100, Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek wrote:
>> To summarize (again): The benchmark doesn't benchmark Catalyst, only
>> it's dispatcher
>
> I think it's a lame benchmark too, but isn't a dispatcher mostly what
> Catalyst is?  DBIx::Class and TT are not Catalyst, as people often
> mention on the list.

I wouldn't say so. You can build applications that only use the
dispatcher of Catalyst, but the model interface, the view (not TT, just
the view classes), the plugin system, inherited actions, the config
system, action classes, etc. are pretty well used in most of my apps too.

--
# Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek
# Perl 5/Catalyst Developer in Hamburg, Germany