[Catalyst] HTML to plain text conversion

Xavier Robin robin0 at etu.unige.ch
Tue Jan 16 10:42:23 GMT 2007

On Thursday 11 January 2007 18:24, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On 9 Jan 2007, at 17:10, Xavier Robin wrote:
> > I also tried HTML::Scrubber as proposed by Carl Franks, but
> > basically it keeps
> > some tags we chose to allow.
>
> Have a look at the scrubber docs, there are options to select exactly
> which tags to allow.
>
> Personally I think I'd use XML::LibXML's HTML parsing functionality
> (which is fairly generous about common validation errors) and a quick
> XSLT sheet, but this only works if you're somebody who can stand to
> use XSLT :)

That's also an idea !

But finally I found HTML::FormatText::WithLinks.
It is simple, fast enough, and it does exactly what I want in 8 lines of code,
so I think I'll be keeping it.

>	use HTML::FormatText::WithLinks;
>	my $formatter = HTML::FormatText::WithLinks->new(
>		before_link => '',
>		after_link => "\nLink: %l",
>		footnote => '',
>		leftmargin => 0
>	);
>	$c->stash->{'text'} = $formatter->parse($c->stash->{'html'});

Thanks,

Xavier

--
Some people says that if you play a Windows XP install CD backwards you will
hear demon voices commanding you to worship Satan. But that's nothing. If you