[Catalyst] creating binaries

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 18:56:11 GMT 2007

From: "Jonathan Rockway" <jon at jrock.us>

>> nmake catalyst_par
>> Writing PAR "tranzactiibursiere.par"
>> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe' : return code
>> '0x2'
>> Stop.
>
> What versions of:
>
> App::Packer
> PAR::Packer
> PAR
>
> do you have?

E:\web\TranzactiiBursiere>perl -M"App::Packer 999" -e1
App::Packer version 999 required--this is only version 0.12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
E:\web\TranzactiiBursiere>perl -M"PAR::Packer 999" -e1
PAR::Packer version 999 required--this is only version 0.970.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
E:\web\TranzactiiBursiere>perl -M"PAR 999" -e1
PAR version 999 required--this is only version 0.971.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

When I have tried for the first time, I didn't have App::Packer, although it
should be included in PAR, and PAR was installed.
I couldn't find App::Packer using the cpan shell, but only the ppm program.

But after installing it, running nmake catalyst_par gives the same error as
before.

Am I doing something wrong, or it doesn't work under Windows?

> Try these:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~shay/Filter-Crypto-1.18/lib/PAR/Filter/Crypto.pm
> http://search.cpan.org/~smueller/PAR-Packer-0.970/lib/PAR/Filter/Obfuscate.pm
>
> Keep in mind that the code has to be executed at some point, so anyone
> with half a brain can get the code even if it's "encrypted".  The same
> holds for C, Java, .NET, PHP, etc.

Oh yes, but it depends how hard is to do that.
I didn't hear that someone broke the protection of a perlapp program and got
the source code, or the Zend Encoder for php... although of course it is
possible.
I don't want to sell my program to CIA but to some companies that might have
a network admin who might not be the smartest perl programmer.

Thank you for those links. I will check them, but I hope I will be able to
make a PAR archive first.

Octavian