[Catalyst] creating binaries

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Tue Jan 16 19:26:41 GMT 2007

Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote on 01/16/2007 12:57:39 PM:

> Wade.Stuart at fallon.com wrote:
> >
> > I prefer you send me the one packaged with par:crypto -- I like to be
able
> > to read comments and see the original var names when I edit your hidden
> > code. =)
>
> DMCA violation.

=)

But I need it to work with my homemade_gizmo_app, which for some reason it
fails to do out of the box.

2. Reverse engineering (section 1201(f)). This exception permits
circumvention, and the development of technological means for such
circumvention, by a person who has lawfully obtained a right to use a
copy of a computer program for the sole purpose of identifying and
analyzing elements of the program necessary to achieve interoperability
with other programs, to the extent that such acts are permitted under
copyright law.

Anyway,  your license agreement and copyright are what protect you,  not
the obfu of the application.