[Catalyst] catalystinstaller.sh - Automated Catalyst installation for FC6

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 17 07:33:02 GMT 2007

> I?m aware of one problem with this script, so far. When building
> Catalyst::Runtime. the module?s configuration routines complain that the
> optional package Catalyst::Engine::Apache is not installed. It appears to
> want version 1.05 which is an older version than what is currently available.
> The currently available version is installed by this point in the process.
> So, just hit ENTER when it asks if you want to install it (the default is No).

If the only with your script is the user has to know to accept the
defaults, you may want to have a look at:

http://search.cpan.org/~mschilli/Sysadm-Install-0.22/lib/Sysadm/Install.pm

"hammer($cmd, $arg, ...)

Run a command in the shell and simulate a user hammering the ENTER key
to accept defaults on prompts."

I came across this when fiddling with the pimpmycat installer for
ubuntu (and perhaps other distros). Still haven't set things up with
hammer, but it's close to the top of the queue.