[Catalyst] Recommend methods for form handling

Ian Docherty catalyst at iandocherty.com
Wed Jan 17 20:59:20 GMT 2007

John Napiorkowski wrote:
> I think FillInForm is quasi depreciated, since it
> parses each request and can slow things down quite a
> bit.

I had an initial struggle with FillInForm initially, but then I
struggled finding a good alternative in the first place.

I am now quite keen on using it and have used it for several large web
and intranet sites with no problems.

The only issue I had was with checkboxes filled in from the database,
since CGI does not send back a value for unchecked checkboxes then
FillInForm would not handle them correctly so I had to develop a
work-around.

Regards
Ian Docherty (IcyDee)