[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst vs Rails vs Django Cook off

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Thu Jan 18 18:58:14 GMT 2007

* Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> [2007-01-18 19:40]:
> A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> > Are we done splitting this hair now or do you need more
> > clarification?
>
> Depends on what you mean by "methods":
>
> foo.pl:
> use MyApp;
> print MyApp->foo($ENV{QUERY_STRING});
>
> bar.pl:
> use MyApp;
> print MyApp->bar($ENV{QUERY_STRING});
>
> I don't think this is a good idea, but you can do it if you want to.
>
> "can" and "good idea" is the hair that I'm splitting.

Yes, sure, as I already said in my previous mail [1], you can
abuse Apache’s URI-to-filesystem mapper as a dispatcher with
the right contortions as long as your URI structure is static.
(No wait, your next mail will point out that you can create
directories and generate scripts from a template; so the URI
structure needn’t be static.) Noone in their right mind is going
to want to in practice, of course. So when the subject was what
dispatchers should be benchmarked, why point it out? Is anyone
going to care?

I guess it’s me who shouldn’t have. Sorry. I should know better.

[1] Does anyone notice a pattern here?

Regards,