[Catalyst] Using Workflow with Catalyst (was Making Controllers thin and Models thick)

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 19:05:22 GMT 2007

--- Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 02:43:12PM +0100, Ian
> Docherty wrote:
> > Thanks for pointing out the workflow CPAN module.
> I am very interested
> > in this for my current project and must spend some
> time looking at it.
> >
> > Has anyone actually used workflow within a
> Catalyst application and can
> > they give the list their opinion and experiences
> with it?
>
> It's an awful horrible piece of shit.
> Class::Workflow was written by
> our very own Yuvla Kogman to replace it and works
> very nicely with Catalyst.

Matt,

I'd appreciate when you have a little time if you
could share some more detailed thoughts on this, since
I was literally just about to start typing code
related to workflow and your message stopped me in my
tracks.

I originally thought to experiment with Workflow over
Class::Workflow because it seemed to have a little
more active development and examples as well as more
development in the persistence area.  Since I am a
newbie to the area I am likely to need to play with it
quite a bit before I am able to usefully contribute so
I am looking for the most feature complete and
supported system.  However I am very interested in
learning a system and hopefully contributing usefully
to it, particularly as it can relate to Catalyst
development.

Thanks!

--John