[Catalyst] test server with -host

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 08:08:18 GMT 2007

Thanks. This is quite odd.

The dev m/c is actually a vmware guest running ubuntu on a winxp host.
That shouldn't affect anything though, it just looks like a normal m/c
to the network. I can prove that by running lighty and seeing the home
page from the host.

I can't start the test server on port 80 as myself (yes, I stopped
lighty) - the daemon is denied permission to be created. I can do it
as root. Then I can see the page on the linux guest (the dev m/c), on
the host it appears but is VERY slow if I ask for it by ip address,
but no problem when I just ask for localhost on the dev m/c. (WIth
lighty there is noticeable delay.)

Anyhow, whatever the problem is it doesn't seem to be cat, but some
odd ubuntu/vmware thing. I don't see why cat server would be slow
binding to 192.168.1.202 but not localhost though.

thanks for the help

Daniel