[Catalyst] Adding DBIC schema causes TT error

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Jun 20 22:55:33 GMT 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 07:20:20AM +1000, Charlie Garrison wrote:
> I saw recent messages in the archive regarding that (maybe from
> you). So I went looking for templates cached to disk. From what
> I can tell, templates will only be cached to disk if I set up my
> TT options accordingly, is that correct? So I should only be
> dealing with memory cache which should get cleared each time I
> restart the dev server.

That problem I was talking about was independent of disk caching.
It means you often had to restart the server after a template error
or else the template would not be found even after correcting the
error in the template.  Doesn't really sound like your problem,
although it's a bit odd that adding a schema class would effect
how TT finds templates.

But, yes, you have to enable disk caching of compiled templates
explicitly.

> Upgrading to TT 2.19 has not fixed my problem. If anyone else
> has suggestions I'd love to hear them. Development has ground to
> a halt here and I'm getting very anxious (deadlines and all that).

If you are getting a template not found error then maybe enabling
debugging in Template::Provider would help -- or just throw in a few
warn messages to see what paths it's looking for the template.

r1024 | abw | 2006-08-01 10:35:45 -0700 (Tue, 01 Aug 2006) | 5 lines

* Fixed bug in Template::Parser to ensure $self->{ DEFBLOCKS } is cleared
  each time a parse() begins.
* Fixed bug in Template::Provider to immediately invalidate the cache entry
  of any template that fails to compile.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org