[Catalyst] Adding DBIC schema causes TT error

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Thu Jun 21 00:01:03 GMT 2007

Good morning,

On 20/6/07 at 7:49 AM +0100, Matt S Trout
<dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

>Most probable cause:
>
>You've got a mistyped $c->model(...) or c.model(...) declaration somewhere
>which is falling through to Catalyst's regex search, and -was- originally
>finding the right class because of that but the addition of the extra class
>has caused the hash order for the search to change and now you aren't.
>
>Likely candidates are either a typo or missing DB:: off a DB::Foo-style
>DBIC::Schema model reference.

In an effort to eliminate possible spelling errors as the cause,
I removed all controllers except Root and changed Root.pm to
only have one action (index) which simply sets
$c->response->body. In that configuration the problem goes away.

I slowly added controllers back and the problem didn't recur
until I added the last controller back. To determine if problem
was with that specific controller, I removed a different
controller and the errors goes away.

So, I'm not having the same problem with controllers as with
models. There seems to be a limit on the number of controllers
or models. I add one more and I get the 'file not found' error,
it doesn't seem to matter which controller or model I add, only
the number of them.

At this point rather than asking for specific solutions, does
anyone have suggestions on how to debug this problem? Bill
suggested enabling debugging in Template::Provider (see other
message in this thread) but I'm not having any luck with that.

Some very anxious people mulling around on this end. All
assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie

--
    Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt