[Catalyst] apache2/mod_perl virtualhost misfire --

Dwalu Z. Khasu dwalu at cs.bu.edu
Thu Jun 28 13:56:14 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm hoping someone with more sleep than I, can help me spot what seems to
be a simple & nasty misconfiguration :s

I've followed the instructions to setup apache/modperl for my new cat
application as described in the cookbook and on restart, I can see the
debug output in the default log--httpd-error.log so I know the
application's being instantiated.

However I can't access the app via the vhost config. and keep getting
errors in the default logfile rather than the named one...neither can I
serve static files or anything else.  Requests at the named vhost is being
served by the default config :(

Here's the relevant vhost config--anyone care to share a clue?  Thanx in
advance!

+==========+
NameVirtualHost myapp.mydomain.com:4000

<VirtualHost myapp.mydomain.com:4000>
    DocumentRoot "/home/dwalu/myapp/root"

    ServerName myapp.mydomain.com
    ServerAlias myapp.mydomain.com
    ServerAdmin dwalu at mydomain.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/myapp.mydomain.com-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/myapp.mydomain.com-access_log common

    <Location /static>
      SetHandler default-handler
    </Location>

    PerlSwitches -I/home/dwalu/myapp/lib