[Catalyst] Template rendering error under mod_perl

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 14:20:23 GMT 2007

Jason Kohles wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2007, at 5:47 AM, Richard Jones wrote:
>
>> Having developed my application sufficiently to see it working well
>> so far, I though I should configure it to run under mod_perl. I have
>> used the TTSite helper to generate the templates. The app runs fine
>> using myapp_server.pl, but under mod_perl I get the following:
>>
> Depending on how you installed it under mod_perl, you may find that
> you need to set 'home' in your configuration for path_to to work, if
> you don't explicitly set the path to the home directory, Catalyst will
> try to figure it out by looking for your Makefile.PL/Build.PL or by
> figuring out where the libraries are installed, but that may not be
> the correct location for your root directory.  Take a look at
> Catalyst::Utils for the home method to see how it figures it out...

I didn't actually 'install' it as such, just copied the MyApp directory
under my /home folder, added the path/to/MyApp/lib to mod_perl's lib in
startup.pl file so it can find MyApp.pm, and re-started the server. It
looks like Catalyst _can_ find the 'home' directory, as it displays
correctly in the rather verbose 'Config' section of the screen dump:
    home => '/home/raj/www/apps/MyApp',
and directly under that is root/lib and root/src. I REALLY need to fix
this one or I'm sunk!

--
Richard Jones