[Catalyst] Please test: Updated HTTP server that plays nicer with IE

Dami Laurent (PJ) laurent.dami at justice.ge.ch
Fri Mar 2 08:14:09 GMT 2007

OK, I tested Catalyst-Runtime 5.7007 on WinXP, ActiveState perl v5.8.8 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread. Results are below.

Thanks for continuing to work on improving Catalyst. Best regards, L. Dami

1) Installation : "nmake test" DOES NOT WORK (because the Windows "nmake" utility cannot handle such a big line).
Workaround : prove -I lib t

2) Some tests FAIL

#   Failed test in t\live_component_controller_action_action.t at line 102.
#          got: undef
#     expected: 'MyAction works'

Can't use string ("catalyst_130pix.gif") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at t\live_engine_request_uploads.t line 225.
# Looks like you planned 75 tests but only ran 68.
# Looks like your test died just after 68.
dubious
	Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 69-75

#   Failed test '302 Redirect contains Content-Length'
#   in t\live_engine_response_redirect.t at line 18.

#   Failed test '302 Redirect contains a response body'
#   in t\live_engine_response_redirect.t at line 19.

#   Failed test '301 Redirect contains Content-Length'
#   in t\live_engine_response_redirect.t at line 36.

#   Failed test '301 Redirect contains a response body'
#   in t\live_engine_response_redirect.t at line 37.

#   Failed test '307 Redirect contains Content-Length'
#   in t\live_engine_response_redirect.t at line 46.

#   Failed test '307 Redirect contains a response body'
#   in t\live_engine_response_redirect.t at line 47.

#   Failed test 'default_view in class method ok'
#   in t\unit_core_mvc.t at line 76.
#          got: 'MyApp::V::View'
#     expected: 'MyApp::View::V'

#   Failed test 'default_model in class method ok'
#   in t\unit_core_mvc.t at line 80.
#          got: 'MyApp::M::Model'
#     expected: 'MyApp::Model::M'

#   Failed test 'Question Mark gets encoded'
#   in t\unit_core_uri_for.t at line 46.
#          got: 'http://127.0.0.1/foo/bar/wibble?'
#     expected: 'http://127.0.0.1/foo/bar/wibble%3F'

#   Failed test 'Space gets encoded'
#   in t\unit_core_uri_for.t at line 50.
#          got: 'http://127.0.0.1/foo/yada/bar/wibble?/with%20space'
#     expected: 'http://127.0.0.1/foo/yada/bar/wibble%3F/with%20space'
# Looks like you failed 2 tests of 13.

3) my application is BROKEN

because the question mark in GET requests is URL-encoded and therefore the separation between path and query_string no longer works.

So if I have request

   /my/app/controller/method?arg=val,

Catalyst tries to dispatch on request

   /my/app/controller/method%3Farg=val

and obviously fails to do the right thing.

By the way, this also happens with Firefox.