[Catalyst] Lighttpd deployment problems as non root.

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:23:12 GMT 2007

I've built an external test server harness as described in:
http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2006/7, but I'm hitting some snags
with lighttpd.

For the following root controller code:

  sub index : Private {
    my ( $self, $c ) =3D @_;
    $c->res->redirect( $c->uri_for('/content/') );
}

and the following test code:

$mech->get_ok( 'http://localhost/', 'got front page ok' );
warn "URI: " . $mech->uri;

With the built in server, and a lighttpd config with deployment at server
root, everything is fine, and $mech->uri is http://$CATALYST_SERVER/content
as it is supposed to be.

However when deployed at non root as below:

fastcgi . server =3D (
    "/fastcgi/" =3D> ( # doesn't work without the trailing slash on
/fastcgi/ as well btw
        "FastCgiTest" =3D> (
            "socket"       =3D> "$app_home/t/test.socket",
            "check-local"  =3D> "disable",
            "bin-path"     =3D> "$app_home/script/wiab_fastcgi.pl",
            "min-procs"    =3D> 1,
            "max-procs"    =3D> 1,
            "idle-timeout" =3D> 20
          )
      )
  )
  };

$mech->uri is http://$CATALYST_SERVER/fastcgi/fastcgi/content

What's going on here?  I've tried Catalyst::Plugin::Lighttpd as described
here: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/catalyst/2006-June/008361.html but
with no luck.

Cheers

kd