[Catalyst] reserved words

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 17:35:20 GMT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com>
To: The elegant MVC web framework <catalyst at lists.rawmode.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 12:05:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Catalyst] reserved words

 =

From: Jason Kohles =

  =

    Hi,

    =

    Please tell me how can I find the list of reserved =

    words that cannot be used as names for views, controllers, models, =

    $c->stash elements...

    =

    For example I have seen that the name of the =

    application is also found in $c->stash->{name}. =

    $c->stash->{template} is also special.

    =

    I have also tried to create a view with the name =

    "Show", and I have received the following error in the browser:

    =

    Caught exception in =

    TranzactiiBursiere::View::Show->process "TranzactiiBursiere::View::Show =

    directly inherits from Catalyst::View. You need to

    inherit from a subclass like Catalyst::View::TT =

    instead.

    =

    If I changed the name of that view to "Html", it =

    worked fine, with no errors...

    =

  =

  This is the error message you get if you create a subclass of =

  Catalyst::View that doesn't implement a process() method.  It probably =

  doesn't have anything to do with the name of the module...

   =

  I have tried:

   =

  perl script/myapp_create.pl view =

Show

   =

  After restarting the application, it gives that =

  error. If I do instead:

   =

  =

  perl script/myapp_create.pl view =

Html

   =

  The application works fine after restarting it. =

  Am I doing something wrong?

   =

  Thanks.

   =

  Octavian

   =

I'd personally be interested in seeing what the generated files look like. =
 Could you attach them in your response (or post them someplace we can see?)

--John