[Catalyst] reserved words

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 19:09:30 GMT 2007

From: John Napiorkowski =

  This is the error message you get if you create a subclass of Catalyst::V=
iew that doesn't implement a process() method.  It probably doesn't have an=
ything to do with the name of the module...

    I have tried:

    perl script/myapp_create.pl view Show

    After restarting the application, it gives that error. If I do instead:

    perl script/myapp_create.pl view Html

    The application works fine after restarting it. Am I doing something wr=
ong?

    Thanks.

    Octavian

  I'd personally be interested in seeing what the generated files look like=
.  Could you attach them in your response (or post them someplace we can se=
e?)

  Hi,

  Here is the first one (Show.pm):

  package TranzactiiBursiere::View::Show;

  use strict;
  use warnings;
  use base 'Catalyst::View';

  =3Dhead1 NAME

  TranzactiiBursiere::View::Show - Catalyst View

  =3Dhead1 DESCRIPTION

  Catalyst View.

  =3Dhead1 AUTHOR

  A clever guy

  =3Dhead1 LICENSE

  This library is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify
  it under the same terms as Perl itself.

  =3Dcut

  1;

  And here it is the second one that works (Html.pm):

  package TranzactiiBursiere::View::Html;

  use strict;
  use warnings;
  use base 'Catalyst::View';

  =3Dhead1 NAME

  TranzactiiBursiere::View::Html - Catalyst View

  =3Dhead1 DESCRIPTION

  Catalyst View.

  =3Dhead1 AUTHOR

  A clever guy

  =3Dhead1 LICENSE

  This library is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify
  it under the same terms as Perl itself.

  =3Dcut

  1;

  If I just delete the file Show.pm and restart the server, the program wor=
ks fine, but if I put it back and restart, it gives that error.
  I have seen the same thing under Linux and Windows.

  Thanks.