[Catalyst] Re: html mail (was: reserved words)

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Fri Mar 9 08:19:03 GMT 2007

* Jason Kohles <email at jasonkohles.com> [2007-03-08 20:00]:
> Ok, so you don't like the way this mail is displayed by your
> mail  reader, and therefore in order to get mail displayed in
> your mail  reader the way you want it, the rest of the world
> must change?

Look, the issue is pretty simple: if you want people’s time, and
for free no less, you should not set up a barrier to entry to
even finding out what you wanted from them. The onus is on those
who want something, to not inconvenience those who might provide
it. In this case a particular subscriber wants something from the
other subscribers, ie. help; the other subscribers have no
specific want or need to read his mails.

Personally, I may have set my mailer up to produce a decipherable
rendition of HTML mails, but that’s only because some of the
people who pay me send me such mail and I can’t well ignore that.
Otherwise, I refuse to deal with HTML mail. I never asked any
subscriber to change their mailer settings, I simply flatly
ignore their posts. I am probably not the only one on the list
who does so.

I assume that being ignored is not what HTML-posting subscribers
really intend to achieve.

But the choice is theirs. I don’t care.

Regards,