[Catalyst] Dreamhost for Catalyst

Toby Corkindale toby at ymogen.net
Fri Mar 9 15:54:34 GMT 2007

I thought I'd follow this up a bit later with my results.

I bought an account at ASmallOrange, and had a Catalyst FastCGI setup
running rapidly.
There was a minor hiccup, in that for some reason /usr/bin/ld wasn't
user executable, but a support email asking about it was answered in
about 5 minutes, and they fixed it.

The system I'm on seems very responsive, and seems to have, on average,
only 2-3 users on it at once. Compiling all the Perl modules flew by on
what appears to be a 2.1 GHz Core2Duo Linux system.

Pity about the lack of Postgres, but I can confirm I've got MySQL 5 and
SQLite 3.

Toby