[Catalyst] Configuring Model::DBI::SQL::Library from an yaml file

john utaka john.utaka at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 16:10:17 GMT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek <rs at 474.at>
To: The elegant MVC web framework <catalyst at lists.rawmode.org>
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2007 4:33:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Catalyst] Configuring Model::DBI::SQL::Library from an yaml f=
ile

john utaka wrote:

>> Is 'MyApp::Model::DBI::SQL::Library' _really_ the name of the model in
>> your application?
> =

> Yes it is !

I think the problem is that the module author has overridden new() and =

is not passing all possible arguments to the original:

   my ( $self, $c ) =3D @_;
   $self =3D $self->NEXT::new($c);

If that would read

   my ( $self, $c, @args ) =3D @_;
   $self =3D $self->NEXT::new($c, @args);

or something like

   my $class =3D shift;
   my $self  =3D $class->NEXT::new(@_);

(you get the idea) the configuration passed by the COMPONENT() method =

would get passed on. Maybe you could report (or forward this mail) to =

the author of the module for consideration? I don't know if he's on the =

list.

Class::C3 is also favored over NEXT these days, but that has nothing to =

do with this issue.

You're absolutely right. I'll forward this mail to the author.
Thank a lot ! :)

 =

_________
Need Mail bonding?