[Catalyst] Anybody using Chained('.') ?

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Tue Mar 13 14:23:49 GMT 2007

I'm trying to use Chained('.') to create a controller base class that
binds to the namespace of whatever controller class inherits it, but
despite the documentation specifically mentioning this use, I can't
seem to get it to work.

I minimized the problem down to this simplest of examples...

% catalyst.pl Test
% cd Test
% cat <<END > lib/Test/Controller/Foo.pm
package Test::Controller::Foo;
use strict;
use warnings;
use base 'Catalyst::Controller';

# This doesn't work
sub base : Chained('.') PathPart('') CaptureArgs(0) { }
sub arghhh : Chained('base') PathPart('') Args(0) { }

# This doesn't work either
sub foo : Chained('.') PathPart('foo') Args(1) { }

1;
END
% script/test_server.pl

When it starts up, I get this...

[debug] Loaded Private actions:
.----------------------+--------------------------------------
+--------------.
| Private              | Class                                |
Method       |
+----------------------+--------------------------------------
+--------------+
| /default             | Test::Controller::Root               |
default      |
| /end                 | Test::Controller::Root               |
end          |
| /foo/base            | Test::Controller::Foo                |
base         |
| /foo/arghhh          | Test::Controller::Foo                |
arghhh       |
| /foo/foo             | Test::Controller::Foo                |
foo          |
'----------------------+--------------------------------------
+--------------'

[debug] Loaded Chained actions:
.-------------------------------------
+--------------------------------------.
| Path Spec                           |
Private                              |

And I don't seem to be able to get any chained actions working unless
they are chained to a specific path...

--
Jason Kohles
email at jasonkohles.com
http://www.jasonkohles.com/
"A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire