[Catalyst] Anybody using Chained('.') ?

Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Tue Mar 13 14:41:13 GMT 2007

Jason Kohles wrote:
> I'm trying to use Chained('.') to create a controller base class that
> binds to the namespace of whatever controller class inherits it, but
> despite the documentation specifically mentioning this use, I can't seem
> to get it to work.

Where does the documentation say that? In
Catalyst::DispatchType::Chained it says

   Another interesting possibility gives :Chained('.'), which chains
   itself to an action with the path of the current controller's
   namespace.

and then shows two actions for two different controllers. You only have
one controller.

Try something like this:

   package MyApp::Controller::Foo;
   use strict;
   use base 'Catalyst::Controller';

   # is chained to
   sub bar : Chained CaptureArgs(0) { }

   1;

and

   package MyApp::Controller::Foo::Bar;
   use strict;
   use base 'Catalyst::Controller';

   # chains to /foo/bar, like this controllers namespace
   sub baz : Chained('.') { }

   1;

Although, this is untested, of course. But you can always take a look at
the Chained tests.

--
# Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek
# Perl 5/Catalyst Developer in Hamburg, Germany