[Catalyst] Template Engine

Michele Beltrame mb at italpro.net
Tue Mar 13 20:18:58 GMT 2007

Hello

I chose TT for some reasons, including:

* The syntax is simple enough to have templates edited by web designers.

* It doesn't allow (unless you force it to) you to put Perl directly into the
template, thus making me (and my developers, especially ;-)) always prefer to
put the logic into the controller (that is, where it should stay).

* Most Catalyst users chose TT, so it's easier to find examples. Moreover, when
I write examples or tutorials (I'll soon or after ;-)) I'm sure that they can be
targeted to most of the Catalyst community.

* It's lightweight enough to be very usable also in CGI (non-Catalyst)
environments, and that's good as I'm maintaining some legacy applications which
actually use a mixture of TT and Petal.

Michele.