[BULK] - Re: [Catalyst] Template Engine

Perrin Harkins pharkins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:17:50 GMT 2007

On 3/13/07, Mesdaq, Ali <amesdaq at websense.com> wrote:
>  I like the idea of OO based modules and systems. Is that the main
> difference between TT and Mason? That is that Mason is OO based and TT
> is not?

No.  The main difference is that TT is usually used with it's own
templating language (it supports in-line perl but is very rarely used
that way), and Mason is always used with in-line perl.  In terms of
templating, they really have very similar feature sets.  Mason is much
more than a templating system, and provides a full web development
environment, but you won't get to use most of that from Catalyst.

- Perrin