[Catalyst] C::C::FB and captchas or similar

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:25:38 GMT 2007

From: "Joe Landman" <landman at scalableinformatics.com>

> Hi folks:
>
>  Two part question.  Has anyone played with captchas in conjunction
> with C::C::FB?  Second part:  should I be looking at different
> technology rather than captchas?

I have no idea if there are other perl modules that can replace Captcha, but
I have seen some pages that use to put some questions that should be
answered. There were simple questions that can be understood by anyone.

It is very good to avoid using Captcha, for following World Wide Web
Consortium recommendations, and for making your pages accessible for the
blind also, because the screen readers cannot recognize the text from those
images.
If you still want to use Captcha, it would be also nice to offer an
alternative solution, also presenting a .wav file with those letters spoken.

Octavian