[Catalyst] C::C::FB and captchas or similar

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at nald.ca
Mon Mar 19 17:21:50 GMT 2007

Hi Joe,

Joe Landman wrote:
>   Two part question.  Has anyone played with captchas in conjunction
> with C::C::FB?  Second part:  should I be looking at different
> technology rather than captchas?

A technique i recently saw was to add an input to your form with a usual
sounding name (like "subject") but style is as "display:none". The
primary concept is that users manually filling out the form will not see
that field and therefore it will be blank on submission. Automated
processes will likely see the "subject" field and stuff it with data.

I don't know how well this works or how "accessible" it is, but it could
be worth a shot since it adds no complexities to the form for your end
users.

-Brian