[Catalyst] html escaping question

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:13:16 GMT 2007

Hello @all,

as you could help me that fast and excellent yesterday I have an other
question to you ;)

What is the best/common practice to get text that might containt html
escapable characters (e. g. '&', '<') from a form field to catalyst to db and
back to form field?

At the moment I'm thinking of not doing any html escaping at all and believe
in unicode to handle the encoding correctly, but I would ran into problems
with '<funname>'.

So if I escape a string and send it back to the form the content of the
textfield is '&lt;funame&gt;'. Why is that?

Again every thought is allmost welcome.

Greets,
Mario Minati