[Catalyst] Form Module Dichotomy

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 09:07:44 GMT 2007

On 22/03/07, Alejandro Imass <alejandro.imass at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote a complete backend in HTML::Widget a couple of months ago, and
> now I'm adding new functionallity to another part of the site. The
> question is:
>
> a - Stick with HTML::Widget and wait for FormFu ?
> b - use C::C::FormBuilder ?

If you're just adding new functionality to the site, but not
necessarily needing new features - I would suggest sticking with
HTML-Widget, so it's at least consistent throughout the site.

I'm currently using FormFu extensively in several projects, and am
really happy with how simple it is to use, but also how extensible and
powerful it is.
As I've already said though, anything in it is still subject to change
at this point - but once there's been a cpan release every effort will
be made to maintain backward compatability.
I see it being several weeks at the very least before a cpan release.

Carl