[Catalyst] fastcgi configuration problems

Ian Docherty catalyst at iandocherty.com
Fri Mar 23 14:39:02 GMT 2007

I can only see my Catalyst home page using fastcgi, all other pages
report a '404 not found'.

I have been using Catalyst for about a year using Apache mod-perl or the
build-in catalyst server.

I now need to run more than one instance of an application on a server.
I understand I can do this with fastcgi. Correct me if I am wrong, I
should use the standalone/external configuration. This will allow me to
start several fastcgi processes and attach to them in my Apache config.

I do the following in my application root

./script/timesheet_fastcgi.pl -l /tmp/timesheet.socket -n 2

and my Apache config reads...

FastCgiExternalServer /tmp/timesheet.fcgi -socket /tmp/timesheet.socket

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName timesheet.mydomain.com
    Alias / /tmp/timesheet.fcgi
</VirtualHost>

As I said, this works for my applications home page, but not for any
other pages. It works fine using the catalyst server or the Apache
config only approach.

Regards
Ian