[Catalyst] Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema or not?

Jason Gottshall jgottshall at capwiz.com
Fri Mar 23 20:25:13 GMT 2007

Catalysters:

I'm developing a new app using Catalyst, with DBIC as the db persistence
layer. I intend to build Models that encapsulate the business logic and
that will use DBIC to interact with the database as necessary, instead
of using DBIC as a "model" itself.

So if I'm not using DBIC from the controller directly, is there any
reason for me to use Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema? It seems like I'm
just adding an unnecessary layer of code.

Comments from any of you who have a similar setup would be especially
welcome.

Jason