[Catalyst] html::prototype

Will Smith willbelair at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 19:20:39 GMT 2007

Hi,
 I get into a syntax error with the "observe_field" funtion, eventhough I think it is very basic, I could not get it right. I think the error is at the "url" value,  the  "observe_field" cannot call the right funtion in the controller or even does not know what it is. Please help me get it right.
 On the template I have :

 <select id="selectCountry">
   <option>[ Select Country ]</option>
   <option value="1">China</option>
   <option value="2">Germany</option>
   <option value="3">United Kingdom</option>
 </select>

   <select id="selectCity">
     <option>[ Select Country First ]</option>
   </select>

 [% c.prototype.observe_field('selectCountry',{
   url    => '/myApp/selectchain/city',
   with   => "'country='+document.getElementById('selectCountry').value",
   update => 'selectCity0',
 }) %]

 Thank you