[Catalyst] Catalyst::Test for Web Services

Andrew Peebles peebles at cortina-systems.com
Tue Mar 27 16:38:18 GMT 2007

I wonder if I am off base here, or thought of something clever ...

I wrote an email popper to deal with user replies to "issue" state
changes in a issue tracker app.  The popper retrieves email, and wants
to put the body of the mail in as an update to an existing issue.  But
the logic internal to the Cat app on an issue state change is somewhat
complex, and I didn't want to repeat that logic in my popper.  So I
leveraged Catalyst::Test ...

use Catalyst::Test 'MyApp';
(... get the email message ...)
my $r = POST '/issues/proxy_manager/',
        [ iid => $id, email => $email, content => $bag{content},
attachments => $att ];
request( $r );

Seems to do the trick ... a kind of "web services" api ...