[Catalyst] C::C::FormBuilder debug noise...

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Wed May 2 11:11:05 GMT 2007

Hi all,
    I have a problem with Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder.
It prints way too much debug information, filling up my consolle's
screen buffer :-)

If I turn off Catalyst debgging by omitting the -Debug option the debug
messages disappear, but so do the Catalyst ones, which I instead want to
keep.

CGI::FormBuilder docs say it has four debug levels (0,1,2,3), C::P::FB
says it sets the debug parameter to match Catalyst's debug setting.

I have tried various methods to set debug=0 in FB, but to no avail:

MyApp->config->{'Controller::FormBuilder'}->{debug}=0;

but then looking at the C::C::FormBuilder code I didn't see any
reference to the debug flag.
I also tried to modify the code, adding a debug => 0 line in
$self->_fb_setup, but it didn't nothing. I'm not sure I fully understand
how that code works anyway :-)

I even tried to call ->debug as a class method on CGI::FB.

It would be nice to set CGI::FB debug level independently of the Cat one.

Anyone has ideas ?

TIA.

--
Marcello Romani