[Catalyst] Problem with RenderView

Jay K jayk at ion0.com
Fri May 4 16:30:11 GMT 2007

> Well, mostly. The REST Action stuff doesn't use views at all by
> default.
> So, it's happy writing output and not going to a view at all
> (unless you
> map a content-type to a View manually)....
>
> As such, what is the REST stuff doing, or how is it avoiding using
> for most of it's output? Therein probably lays the answer the this
> particular problem.

True enough - but REST doesn't use RenderView.  In any case you still
have a separate set of code for the 'View' aspect of the MVC model -
REST calls them serializers.  They still aren't in your controller
logic...  I would be interested in an explanation of how to do
streaming of data within REST without hacking around things also.

Didn't someone do a streaming tutorial / example at some point?

Jay

---
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit
atrocities." --Voltaire