[Catalyst] How to make MyApp::B a part of MyApp::A ?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 8 16:33:32 GMT 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 06:13:29PM +0400, Oleg Pronin wrote:
> I think it would be better if it does not.
> Because AppA don't know and don't want to know the templates and models of
> AppB. They communicate through controllers only.

How about, after setup_components, injcting AppB's ->controllers into
AppA's ->_components hash under 'AppA::Controller::AppB::<whatever>' and then
having a tweak in 'sub dispatch' in AppA that, if it sees an AppB::*
controller, reblesses $c into AppB, fiddles req->base and req->path
appropriately, and then calls AppB's ->dispatch.

Bit insane but probably the quickest path to implement this, and without
doing it and seeing what goes wrong I'm not sure we can figure out the
'correct' approach.

--
     Matt S Trout        Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
  Technical Director     Want a managed development or deployment platform?