[Catalyst] Shoot out -- Catalyst / RoR / Other MVC apps --

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed May 9 16:21:19 GMT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:02:19AM -0500, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On a side note, Catalyst plugins as a rule seem to jam _way_ too many
> methods into the things they extend (the session plugin is truly
> egregious). Some day I'd like to write a version of the session plugin
> that adds one method to the core Catalyst object, session(), and all the
> rest of the methods would be available via the object returned from
> session().

What I'd really like to try sometime is having

sub session { shift->model('CurrentSession'); }

and then make the Model::CurrentSession class with a bit of ACCEPT_CONTEXT
magic handle it all itself.

Most things that are currently plugins should, really, be either Controller
base classes, models or helper objects that are handed to the template.

We'll get there eventually, I hope.