[Catalyst] Re: Shoot out -- Catalyst / RoR / Other MVC apps --

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Thu May 10 16:23:41 GMT 2007

> But, this does raise another question I have. There is plethora of modules
> that are to help Perl be more OO like and stricter .... which is cool, but
> are there any good de-facto standard modules that are used by the majority of
> people wishing to be more OO compliant.

That'd be Moose, I suppose - A complete modern object system for Perl 5:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Moose/

Haven't really looked into it yet but I always wanted to know if there
are any plans on incorporating this into the Perl 5 core and/or any
patches in bleadperl that boost Moose's performance (which, I suppose,
is not up to par with plain Perl objects) like the Class::C3::XS patches
we saw recently?

--Tobias