[Catalyst] User account registration login

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Sun May 13 00:45:04 GMT 2007

On 5/12/07, Tom Printy <tprinty at mail.edisonave.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is a user registration/account creation/login
> module for catalyst.  While I understand that all login systems are
> different I was hoping that there was one that I could extend to meet my
> needs instead of rolling my own from scratch. Furthermore is there a
> directory of open Catalyst projectes out there other than the Catalyst
> wiki?
>
> Thanks
> -Tom Printy

Hi Tom,

There aren't any ready made applications, but it probably could be a
good example application.  It depends on a number of factors, though.

What backend do you want to use for user storage?  LDAP or DB?  If DB,
DBIC is probably the most likely example you'll get.

You may find the "examples" section of the SVN repository helpful:
 SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/Catalyst/trunk/examples/
 Web: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/browser/trunk/examples

Keep in mind several of these examples are very old, though.  Look out
for the more modern distributions.

Good luck, and happy hacking.

-J

--