[Catalyst] running catalyst through mod_perl

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Tue May 15 16:19:02 GMT 2007

"John Goulah" <jgoulah at gmail.com> wrote on 05/15/2007 10:03:59 AM:

> Thats odd, since I have 256MB of memory (not a ton, but should be
> enough).  On other box with a slightly older version of apache (2.0.
> 55) it works fine, except my second question was never answered-- I
> still need a full path in the validator config settings.   Maybe I
> can define some path in my default yaml file and use that?  Or
> better  yet, is there a way to dynamically get the path?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Well,  256 mb of ram in total?  I assume linux or bsd?  You are talking
memory starvation and swap hell just from loading the OS, generic daemons
and things like fs cache (in any modern distro not pruned down to hell).
Add apache and mod_perl to that equation and you will find yourself licking
the bucket soon enough.

-Wade