[Catalyst] running catalyst through mod_perl

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Tue May 15 16:56:00 GMT 2007

On 5/15/07, John Goulah <jgoulah at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would assume 256 MB is enough to start apache.

It is.  Apache's memory requirements are pretty light and mod_perl
doesn't have much overhead either.  It's really the perl interpreter
and the code you're loading that matters, as well as whatever else is
on that box that would use up memory.

A good tool for checking this on Linux is /usr/bin/free.

> I assume mod_perl has been tested and runs fine
> under apache 2.2.x

It does, although the APIs for the new auth features are not all
available from perl yet.

- Perrin