[Catalyst] Template::Declare view available

Jonathan T. Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue May 15 17:25:15 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I have more than just MicroMason views :)  While I was at the YAPC::Asia
hackathon last month, I was around a bunch of Jifty people and decided
to write Catalyst::View::Template::Declare.  If you're not familiar with
TD, it's a module for writing HTML templates in Perl:

    template foo => sub {
      html {
        head { title { "Hello, world. " } };
        body {
          p { "This is a paragraph." }
        }
      }
    };

Catalyst::View::Template::Declare integrates TD with Catalyst, so if
you're interested in TD, you might want to give it a try.  The module
is in my CPAN directory, and it's available via git:

   $ git clone git://git.jrock.us/Catalyst-View-Template-Declare

The web interface is at:

   http://git.jrock.us/?p=Catalyst-View-Template-Declare.git;a=summary

Please let me know how it works for you.  IMHO, it's a bit nicer than
the Jifty version since you can have your template definitions in
multiple modules (under your View's namespace), and everything is
compiled when you start your app (so that template syntax errors
prevent your app from starting).  There's also some extra syntactic
sugar floating around (::Tags gets auto-imported, for example).

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway