[Catalyst] Deployment of many Catalyst sites on the same machine

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Tue May 15 17:52:06 GMT 2007

  Hi.

I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on what a good way to deploy
"many" (2-10, nothing extreme; different) Catalyst-based apps on a
single machine would be.

My first thought was that mod_perl perhaps in this case would be
preferable to FastCGI, because each process then would share the common
perl modules of the various frameworks (Catalyst, ORM, templating, etc.)
used by all the Catalyst apps, thereby saving a bit or two.

Does that compute, or, what did I overlook?

(Speed isn't really of the essense - these are rather small, personal
sites, traffic and otherwise, but I wouldn't want to "waste" RAM simply
by choosing a bad setup for this scenario).

(Also, the machine in question must run Apache anyway).

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Money always takes the place of life"                       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo at koldfront.dk